Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Media-Manufactured Consensus Is Unraveling And The Preference Cascade Has Begun

Media Madness, and the Reckoning
By Clarice Feldman
AmericanThinker.com
September 3, 2012

Last week a line was crossed, and full blown insanity manifested itself in the formerly-mainstream media.  My friend JMH is a model of a temperate media consumer, but watching the coverage of the Republican convention, she could not contain her fury:
Something just snapped today, when I read about the race baiters at MSNBC not even airing any of the Convention's minority speakers. Even if Artur Davis weren't black, how is it a non-story, when the guy who seconded Obama's nomination ends up with a prime time spot on the GOP Convention stage? Ditto for covering Ted Cruz, who pulled off the most spectacular extremist Tea Party upsets of campaign 2012. It's not just MSNBC either; NBC "curated" both of them right out of "some of the notable speeches" in Tampa.
I know, I know. I know. But it's the brazenness of it all that just stuns me, and keeps on stunning me, no matter how prepared to expect it I should be by now. Today, however, I'm also stunned by just how deep the reservoir of my own anger about it has become. It's so blinding that I can't even concentrate on anything else.
That was early in the convention. There was much more to be furious about as the coverage continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment