- The debt of the United States has grown to $16 trillion dollars – the largest total in the history of the United States.
- Unemployment has remained over 8% for 43 straight months – a first since the Great Depression. The real unemployment rate – taking into account those who are disillusioned and lost hope, stopped looking for work or are working part-time, but want more work – almost 15% .
- The Office of Management and Budget reported that the Obama administration has presented over $4 trillion annual budget deficits.
- The economic crisis has caused more than 46 million Americans to receive food stamps, a record high.
- More than 23 million Americans are out of work or underemployed.
- The United States has dropped from 3rd place for starting new business to 13th place in the world economy, trailing Third World nations like Rwanda and Macedonia.
|Two Peas in a Pod|
2012 Presidential & VP Debate:
October 3rd - 9pm Eastern time: Domestic Issues
October 11th - 9pm Eastern time: Vice Presidential Debate on Foreign and Domestic Issues
October 16th - 9pm Eastern time: Presidential Town Hall Meeting on Foreign and Domestic Issues
October 22nd - 9pm Eastern time: Presidential Debate on Foreign Issues