We the People created and live in a society of a growing majority who:
- Insist that citizens do not have the right to bear arms and defend themselves against violent criminals and persons with lethal intent; yet blames firearm ownership of instigating the type of mentally unbalanced person or persons who commit crimes like in Aurora, Colorado and Newton, Connecticut – and other recent similar incidents. They believe that only law enforcement (and military) should own certain weapons they designate, when in fact that law enforcement officers usually show up after the dirty deed is committed, and criminals in our courts receive better treatment than victims and their families.
- Christian owned companies, like Hobby Lobby and Mardel religious books are being forced by the federal government to provide health care that requires employee health-care plans to provide insurance coverage for the morning-after pill and similar emergency contraception pills. Our society has allowed the election of politicians who appoint judges and justices who do not uphold the Constitution and its amendments, in this case, specifically, the First Amendment religious rights to exercise beliefs and doctrine of religions. The Supreme Court ruled on December 28th in the Hobby Lobby and sister-company Mardel that they must provide employees with access to copay-free contraception as part of its health-care plan. Hobby Lobby is willing to pay a million dollars a day in defiance by declaring civil disobedience for religious liberty. As represented by the majority vote to keep President Obama in office, along with his political colleagues, who suppress rights of many for the rights of a few – disregard constitutional law in just mandating such laws, and have transgressed against their oaths of office in both the Supreme Court, the executive branch (president) and the legislative branch (Congress). The people by majority of vote in election 2012 have agreed to this unconstitutional policy and behavior of this administration and this Congress.
- On December 28th, Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who was condemned for being an activist and prejudice towards matters concerning Hispanic radical organizations and not conforming to constitutional law, denied the Hobby Lobby and Mardel religious book company a request for an injunction while their lawsuit is pending. She stated that the stores failed to satisfy the demanding legal standard for blocking the requirement on an emergency basis – despite the mandate obviously being unconstitutional and against the First Amendment. Sotomayor stated that the companies may still challenge the regulations in the lower courts. US District Judge Joe Heaton stated that churches and other religious organizations have been granted constitutional protection from birth-control provisions but that Hobby Lobby and Mardel are not religious organizations” – despite being owned by Christians who are exercising their religious beliefs. Judge Heaton’s ruling claims that individuals are not authorized exercising religious beliefs, only religious organizations. The First Amendment disagrees. Individuals own Hobby Lobby and similar businesses, and it is their right not to conform to unconstitutional mandates. Government controlled health care in itself is unconstitutional.
CNS News reported that the Labor Secretary, Hilda Solis, has announced a $2.2 million grant to be used in strengthening budding labor unions in Haiti and Peru. …
The taxpayer money will fund projects organized by the AFL-CIO’s Solidarity Center, which aims to build a global labor union movement.
This is all part of the globalization movement that Bush and now Obama are pushing for. In recent news, it was announced that the United States will continue to contribute one-fifth of the United Nation’s regular budget, approved by the assembly without a member recorded vote. That comes to $5.4 billion in the next two years to an organization whose agenda is to become the world government body by members who are not elected by any people of any nation and counters the Constitution of the US and its amendments. American society approves of this behavior and agenda for the state so by whom they elect for president and members of Congress. In turn, judges and justices are appointed that will lean toward political philosophies and the policies of the present administration rather than based upon what the US Constitution actually states. In addition, certain judges and justices are coming out in the open and denouncing the Constitution they swore to uphold and protect when taking their oath of office, like Justice Ginsberg when interviewed by Egyptian TV.
Solis stated that the taxpayers’ money:
…grant will help organizations in Haiti and Peru engage in productive, effective negotiations and employers on behalf of vulnerable workers.
This issue is not just representative of a government that uses taxpayer funds for foreign matters and benefit of other nations, but also demonstrates the bankrupt policies of the foreign affairs of the United States in which it interferes with internal affairs of other nations. Our government knowing that there is a self-induced "Fiscal Cliff" looming over our heads, spends taxpayer dollars for the plight of citizens of other nations, while unemployment remains an unacceptable level and cost-of-living is pushing US back into a Recession. The United States government has contributed 22% of the total regular budget every year to the United Nations since 2000. It is no wonder our national debt is so high. Just like citizens and parents within our society should be exercising themselves as role models, that is what we should be doing nationally and internationally. A role model does not have to interfere with internal affairs of other nations nor economically support it using taxpayer dollars. Technically, our government is expanding its income and wealth redistribution policies to other nations – with our tax money. This is nothing new with government and here is another example of wasting taxpayer dollars – and this is only ONE department out of many: Labor Department awarded $35 million to address child labor in seven countries in Africa, Latin America, and Indonesia. All are methods and agendas to expand US labor unions worldwide – a private entity that government has no business mandating policies and legislation for, much less taxpayer funding. American society allows this because of who they choose to elect to operate OUR government.
- The decline of the American family has greatly caused the decline of American society, and in turn, advocates or produces candidates for public office who have reduced family values and civic-moral obligations towards the Constitution of the United States. It is proportionate to the rate of illegitimacy, which in turn government promotes mass infanticide in its abortion program, divorce, and unmarried couple households that do not adhere to the principles of responsible parenthood as well as producing generations of those who know nothing but a dysfunctional family environment and no responsible role model to follow. A weak family unit will cause the decline in established traditions and social conduct, weakening society and, in turn, weakening the nation as a unified people. In addition, the poverty level illustrates the decline of the family and increase in single-parent families facing financial difficulties in an economic environment caused by a government that has gone beyond constitutional limits established and have promoted, through social programs and social engineering programs, failing in their social experimentation. With poverty, crime increases. Families that stay together, linking marriage and a two-parent family nucleus is more healthy than divorced and single-parent households. A study by the Columbia University shows that single-parent households have a higher fatality rate than traditional two-parent households. Laws through intrusive legislation has created an atmosphere or attitude toward marriage in general as negative, and promoting divorce as primary solutions to marital issues. Problems of child abuse happen more frequently in single-parent households than the traditional married two-parent household. Step-parent abuse is also more frequent than traditional family nucleus in studies within the United States as well as Canada and the United Kingdom. The psychological health of children is reduced by dysfunctional family units reported in studies dating from 1990 and beyond. The factor of suicide rates also are affected in divorced families and dysfunctional home environments. The importance of fathers in a household has been shown to be a strong point in any society. Researchers have found that just like mothers, fathers make major contributions to a child’s development. Households with fathers are also less likely to experience juvenile criminal behavior. The family crises focuses upon lack of fatherhood, and the American society’s failures focus upon the strength of the family nucleus, and ultimately, individuals from that society are elected into office at local, state, and federal levels – thus the government cannot reform without society reforming with it. In order to do so, Americans must insist that our government return to the established constitutional republic created by the founders; as well as return the importance of strong family units, responsible role models for children, and a functional atmosphere that is strengthened by the importance of character and values that constitute a healthy and established society. The decline of America in many factors is the result of the declining family – that contributes to society and the maintenance of a government. For example, in recent mass murder tragedies, the problem solving issues are focused upon firearms, when in fact, it is society that requires to be examined carefully and Americans unite in order to improve it – raising generations to have values, a code of principles, and respect and maintain constitutional law.
- Too many people in American society denounce capital punishment for capital crimes, but at the same time complain about overcrowding prisons, and yet agree that government should continue to encourage and maintain alarming abortion rates caused by a declination of American society in several ways, as well as increased control over children in their education and standards of living life. It is a society that states it is okay to murder pre-born infants by tens of thousands because it is the right of the mother to control or do whatever to her body. At the same time, these people deny the right of citizens to purchase tobacco products without paying 100% tax rates (should be no higher than any sales tax rate anywhere), and insist they cannot exercise their rights in private businesses that has no smoking restrictions or even, in a recent case within one’s own private home and property. Meanwhile, alcohol remains a problem concerning alcoholism and drunk driving; yet we know what prohibition does because we have been through it before. These are issues for the society to address – not government. Invariably, government messes things up because it looks upon the issue from a collective frame of mind rather than individually, just as individual freedom has been established by the amendments to the US Constitution.
All these controversies are because of a majority of the population that has contributed to the decline of American society, its standards of education, lack of maintaining role models within families, and not responsible or critical in who operates our government – paying too much attention to political clubs called parties. The first and foremost loyalty should be to our family units and the Constitution of the United States and its amendments. Any politician who complies and agrees with that deserves public office. It is not the quantity of legislation passed, but the quality of legislation that is paramount in effective and efficient government. Too many laws, too many regulations that intrude upon the right of freedom of choice; however, that freedom must be met with the responsibility of accepting the results of our choices and actions – in government and within our society.
Is there ever a perfect society or government?
Of course not, but it should not deter us in any endeavor to logically and constitutionally get those two areas back on track, and hold onto traditions and principles that established a great nation like the United States. The People did this, not the government as an elite entity. Two things made the United States a great nation: (1) its vast natural resources, (2) the People who exercised individual freedom and worked as a family unit in obtaining what is important in life, respected the unity that makes nations strong, disciplined and caring families; and respected principles of value, moral, and civic duties and conduct.